LGBTQ+ nonprofit organizations are invited to apply for the second round of grants from the OUT Georgia Impact Fund, powered by United Way of Greater Atlanta. Applications are open June 1 through June 30, 2023.
We recognize the critical position LGBTQ+ nonprofits hold in elevating and addressing the multifaceted needs within our growing and diverse community. The goal of the grants from the impact fund is to move in lockstep with those needs and make a meaningful difference in the lives and livelihoods of LGBTQ+ people, families, and organizations focused on the Greater Atlanta region.
“United Way of Greater Atlanta’s mission to improve the lives of the children in Greater Atlanta extends to individuals and families among specific populations. Our vision is that Greater Atlanta is a community where all individuals and families thrive regardless of race, gender identity, or sexual orientation.” – Milton J. Little, Jr., President and CEO of United Way of Greater Atlanta
OUT Georgia Impact Fund powered by United Way of Greater Atlanta
OUT Georgia Business Alliance and United Way of Greater Atlanta have teamed up to drive meaningful, measurable, and lasting impact for LGBTQ+ individuals, youth, families, and communities across the Greater Atlanta region. The OUT Georgia Impact Fund, powered by United Way of Greater Atlanta, will be guided by a community-led advisory committee to make grants to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Our investment strategies help individuals, children, and families who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and other gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- LGBTQ+ youth to be stable, secure, and ready for college and careers. (College & Career Ready: Career Pathways)
- LGBTQ+ adults and families to address basic needs and secure resources in an accessible and equitable environment. (Economic Stability: Secure Housing & Basic Needs, Close the Skills Gap, and Manage Health)
- LGBTQ+ small business community to stabilize and grow. (Economic Stability: Build Wealth)
- Build awareness of inequities and how to be more equity-centered; promote advocacy within the LGBTQ+ community. (Brighter Future: Community Organizing & Civic Engagement)
- Build broader public awareness of an increase investments to Black-led and Trans-led LGBTQ+ organizations. (Brighter Future: Community Organizing & Civic Engagement)
We raised and distributed $35,000 in our first round of grant distribution to seven LGBTQ+ nonprofit organizations in December 2022: All 1 Family, A Vision 4 Hope, Covenant House, I Am Human Foundation, Thrive SS, Trans Housing Coalition and ZAMI NOBLA.
We are working towards the ambitious goal of raising $100,000 to distribute in our second round of grant distribution in September of 2023.
How to Apply
Nonprofit organizations can complete a grant application via United Way’s Grant Portal FLUXX. The grant application requires in-depth details about your organization and how you wish to use the grant. The application will be available on June 1, 2023, and closes on June 30, 2023. To apply, click here.
Please note: You may need to create a FLUXX account if you don’t already have one. Once your email address and login credentials are verified you will be able to login to the portal and locate the OUT Georgia Impact Fund Grant Application from the list of available applications.