United Way 211 of Greater Atlanta is entering its 18th year of partnership with North Atlanta Toys for Tots! The campaign works to ensure that children in need receive toys this holiday season. The toy request form will be available on the Toys for Tots website to qualifying organizations starting August 1, 2023. It will remain open until we reach 1200 toy requests. The following rules will apply to all organizations applying to receive toys from Toys for Tots.
Toys for Tots ONLY assist nonprofit agencies, schools, Churches, and government entities with toys. Individuals and families in need of toys must contact United Way 211 to receive referrals for toy assistance.
Ways in which United Way 211 can be reached 8:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m. Mon – Fri:
- Dial 211 from your phone.
- Text your zip code and need to 898211.
- Visit 211online.unitedwayatlanta.org to search for assistance or to chat live with a 211 Community Resource Specialist.
- Download the FREE app from your device’s app store.
Nonprofit Toy Requests
- Toys for Tots toys is a supplement to the agency’s toy needs, there is no guarantee an agency will receive any or all toys requested.
- Registration begins on August 1st and will remain open until we receive 1200 total toy requests.
- Agencies must sign up every year to receive toys. Go to www.northatlanta.toysfortots.org to apply.
- Neither Toys for Tots nor will United Way staff will submit a toy request for any agency. Each agency must submit their own toy request.
- Once a toy request is submitted to Toys for Tots, it cannot be changed, modified, or revised in any capacity.
- All correct and required documentation must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days after submitting the toy request. If we do not receive all your documents within the set time, the request will be cancelled automatically. No replacement toy requests for cancelled requests will be accepted.
- Documents to submit: 1) Copy of IRS issued letter of the organization’s 501c3 status, 2) authorization letter on letterhead from the organization’s leadership (CEO, CFO, ED, Board Chair, Principal, Head Pastor) authorizing the listed contact person to request toys from T4T 3) Proof of address for the organization.
- All agencies must submit the agency’s actual street address. Organizations with a home address MUST provide a copy of a bill with the agency’s name and address on it as proof of the organization’s address.
- Cannot use P.O. Box number, UPS Store, USPS, nor the street address of where the P.O. Box is located as the agency’s street address. Requests with these types of street addresses will not be accepted, and the request may be cancelled.
- Requests submitted by for-profit companies will automatically be cancelled. Toys for Tots only assists agencies registered with the IRS and GA Sec. of State who have a current 501c3 nonprofit status.
- Prior to placing a toy request all agencies must be registered with the Georgia Secretary of State and have the status of “Active/Compliance” to have the toy request considered. Go to sos.ga.gov to check on your agency’s status or to register with the Secretary of State.
- Neither Toys for Tots nor will United Way be held responsible for any mistakes incurred by the GA Sec. of State website that may cause an agency’s toy request to be delayed for consideration or denied.
- If the Parent agency is located outside of the State of Georgia, the agency site located in Georgia must be registered with the GA Secretary of State to have the toy request considered. Registrations from other states outside of GA will not be accepted.
- All toy requests must include the agency’s EIN number to be accepted. Requests with partial or missing EIN will be cancelled.
- An automatic confirmation email will be sent immediately to the email provided during registration once the toy request is received by Toys for Tots.
- If you do not receive the confirmation email, it means your request was not received and you must go back to the website to re-register before the deadline.
- Neither Toys for Tots nor will United Way be held responsible if you fail to receive the confirmation email and do not re-register for toys.
- The confirmation email will have a unique control number assigned. You must include your control number in all communications with Toys for Tots and United Way.
- Confirmation email does not guarantee approval of request or that you will receive the full amount of requested toys.
- Agencies can only submit one toy request per year. If more than one request is received from an agency, then the original request and duplicate(s) will be cancelled.
- The same contact person cannot be listed on multiple toy requests for different agencies.
- The same contact information (i.e., name, address, phone number, email) cannot be used to place multiple toy requests for different agencies. If an agency is found to have the same contact information as another agency, one or both requests will be cancelled.
- Agencies requesting toys from Toys for Tots must be located within the service area, which includes the following counties: Banks, Barrow, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Jackson, Lumpkin, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale, and Walton. Toy requests from agencies outside the service area will be cancelled.
- If multiple agencies are located within the same street address, the maximum number of toys that can be requested by one agency (500) will be expected to be distributed amongst all the applying agencies within the same street address.
- All toy requests placed before the registration deadline, but not processed for consideration by the deadline due to noncompliance or missing documents will be cancelled.
- Due to the high volume of agencies and children being served, Toys for Tots and United Way will communicate via email. It is very important that all submitted email addresses and phone numbers are accurate.
- We are not responsible for emails delivered to the organization’s spam folder. It is the responsibility of the agency’s contact to put the Toys for Tots email addresses in the “Allowlist” of the email server.
- Agencies cannot apply to be a Toys for Tots collection point and to receive toys from Toys for Tots. This is considered a conflict of interest.
- Agency representatives cannot apply to work in the Toys for Tots warehouse as volunteers.
- The Toys for Tots warehouse may change location from year to year. It may require you to travel over 100 miles (one-way) to pick up the toys. It is up to the agency to make transportation arrangements.
- Neither Toys for Tots nor United Way can guarantee that the toy request will be ready for pick up by the date of the agency’s holiday party. Toys are distributed based on availability.
- Toys for Tots will make every effort to fill the agency’s toy request. However, if necessary, the toy request may be changed/cut based on the available toys on-hand at the time of distribution.
- In early November, an email will be sent to the agency contact listed during registration with the date and time for the toy pickup appointment. Due to the high number of agencies being served, scheduled pickups cannot be re-scheduled, changed or modified in any capacity.
- Toys will only be distributed to the contact listed on the agency’s toy request. Picture ID, a copy of the toy pickup email is required to pick up toys.
- On the pickup day, you must bring a big enough car/truck to fit the number of toys you requested. If your vehicle cannot accommodate all the toys, you will not be allowed to make multiple trips to pick up toys. All remaining toys will be restocked.
- If a toy pickup appointment is missed, the toy request will be cancelled, and the toys will be restocked. The missed appointment will not be re-scheduled.
- Once an agency has distributed all the provided toys, no more toys will be provided per campaign season year.
- All toys provided to an agency must be distributed during the current holiday season.
Agencies cannot charge a fee (including donations and registration fees) or require individuals to attend any type of religious program/service to receive toys.
- Toys for Tots provides two toys per child. As part of Toys for Tots Literacy Program, two books may be given to supplement one toy (when available).
- Toys cannot be auctioned, sold, or converted for monetary gain.
- Toys cannot be taken out of the State of Georgia for distribution.
if we suspect fraud or violation of any of the rules listed above, Toys for Tots reserves the right to cancel any toy request. In such incidents agencies will be ban from any future toy request.